Job Title: Senior Scout – Southern Region
Hours of work: 35
Location: Home based, with occasional need to attend the Training Ground Responsible to: Head of Recruitment
Millwall Football Club are looking to enhance the Player Recruitment Department; by appointing a new Senior Scout to cover the geographical territory from the Midlands to the South (stretching from South Wales to East Anglia)
They will have thorough knowledge through a variety of players and leagues.
- - -
- You will have existing positive relationships with player representatives.
- You will manage part time scouts within the territory, including mentoring and task setting.
- You have the ability to operate software platforms; Wyscout and ISF Scout 7, be familiar
with other industry platforms and a willingness to learn others.
- To keep up to date with rules surrounding player eligibility.
- Deliver on evolving player recruitment tasks in consultation with the Head of Recruitment
They will play an important role in the Club’s decision-making process by identifying, assessing, monitoring and recommending potential players for the club that fit the internal player profiles and performance indicators.
They will take a pro-active lead in identifying players at first team and development squad level and therefore will need to have a
minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an elite environment within the UK; in assessing players via video and live scouting.
Observe and report on players across designated leagues to support the player recruitment
process through video and live scouting.
Attend a minimum of 15 live matches per month forming a strategic approach towards
covering matches in the territory and structure video scouting tasks.
Provide due diligence in layered information surrounding
- Have a passion for football, a positive engaging personality and a desire for continued learning.
- Be an effective collaborator and value team success.
- Have excellent organisational abilities with experience of leading people or managing
- Be decisive with an ability to present evidence and influence others.
- Have an ability to work using their own initiative; and adapt quickly to changing
requirements whilst managing various tasks.
- Operate within the rules of professional confidentiality regarding club and player
- Work flexibly and be open to travel extensively in the UK and in Europe.
- Only UK, Irish and EU citizens with settled status may apply for this position.
- Hold a full clean Driving Licence
- A holder of FA Talent ID qualification(s) or similar.
- UEFA A and or B Coaching Licence.
- Exposure to the professional game or upper Non-League as an ex-player.
- Good knowledge of European leagues and players.
- Experience of using MS Office products.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter including current and desired salary levels
Due to the quantity of applicants expected, only those short-listed will be notified.
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th April 2021
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Millwall Football Club are fully committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and anti- discrimination. We will work to address areas of under-representation and disadvantage in all aspects of our operations, activities and services. In practice, this means that we will respect the needs of each and every individual regardless of their differences; and to this end we will deliver our operations, activities and services in such a way so as to ensure that that no one is excluded.
Millwall Football Club, The Den, Zampa Road, London SE